Position: Litigation Secretary
We are looking for an experienced Litigation Secretary to work for our amazing firm. At Bartko, Zankel, Bunzel and Miller, we value each employee’s contribution, time, and talents. Here, you will be seen and heard, respected, and rewarded. Our secretaries are smart, dedicated, and passionate about their work. You will have an opportunity to work in a congenial environment with unparalleled team support. We value work-life balance, recognition, and true collaboration. In addition, we offer hybrid schedules, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, quarterly attendance bonuses, access to free mental health and financial counseling through our EAP, and annual bonuses (and sometimes bi-annual bonuses) that are at or above market.
The challenging and interesting duties you will have:
- Prepare and file documents in state, federal, and appellate courts including creating TOAs and TOCs and compiling exhibits using Adobe.
- Schedule depositions, court appearances, Zoom meetings; deal professionally with co-workers, clients, courts, opposing counsel, and others as a representative of the firm.
- Perform administrative functions such as new case memos, expense reports, time entry and travel arrangements.
- Extensive calendaring.
What you to bring to the table:
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal court rules and procedures.
- Experience with e-filing in both state and federal courts, including motion practice and under seal filings.
- Familiarity with calendaring programs such as CompuLaw.
- Excellent word processing skills.
- Experience with iManage or similar document management systems; proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; must have a professional demeanor.
- Willingness to take initiative and work with limited supervision in a deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task at a high volume desk.
- Ability to work as a member of a strong litigation team.
Join our firm and be treated like the Rock Star that you are!
Vaccination Requirement: We are committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus. Applicants who wish to apply for a medical or religious accommodation or any other legally required accommodation may do so. However, accommodations are not guaranteed and are decided on a case-by-case basis. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of vaccination and booster or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.